Commencing April 1, 2016, Notices of Decisions Summaries and Order Summaries made by Review Officers are available by employer name and listed in alphabetical order by fiscal year.
Summaries are posted rather than full decisions in accordance with input from the Information & Privacy Commissioner on protecting personal privacy and contributing to Open Government, consistent with Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FIPPA). Review Officers are similar to a conciliation officer, labour relations officer or mediator pursuant to s 17(1)(d) of the FIPPA.
Summaries are designed to further public education on pay equity and associated public interest goals while mitigating against the release of information that might unfairly impact individuals or the investigation and resolution of disputes. The Summaries include the following information:
- Nature of the business
- The size of the business based on number of employees
- Whether it is union or non-union
- Private or public sector
- Review Officer who made the Notice of Decision or Order
- Date the Notice of Decision/Order was made
- A point form summary of the facts (including any financial adjustments)
- A legal rationale for the decision with emphasis on any reliance on hearing tribunal decisions or related count orders.
For further information, contact email@example.com
Any party may dispute an Order or a Notice of Decision to the Pay Equity Hearings Tribunal (PEHT), which is independent of the Pay Equity Office. Tribunal decisions are posted publicly on the Canadian Legal Institute website.